CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Soldiers are Heroes

This one in particular. We went to school together, played football together, even jumped off a bridge together. We weren't particularly close friends, but he was always a cool guy and I liked him. I still do. It's been years since we've talked, but I've seen him online via myspace and facebook. That's how I got this photo.

I want people to know that John is a hero. He has chosen to do something that most of us are too afraid to. He has taken something that I agree with in principle and put it into practice. It takes a special person to be committed to a cause which they know is right and to act, putting their life on the line so that we can preserve our way of life. John is making the world better for our children by sacrificing for a cause bigger than himself. I admire that. I admire him. That may seem corny to some, but I really appreciate the sacrifices of our troops. There are so many that have given their lives for us. The only way to repay them is to appreciate them and to honor the country and the freedoms they work so hard to protect.

Thank you John and God bless you.

0 comments: